Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Guess who's home!?!

Yesterday morning (Tuesday) I received a call from Sebastian's Dr saying that he could come home! I was so excited and so surprised that it happened so quickly! He was just 2 weeks old on Monday and we thought he'd be in the NICU for a few weeks yet.


He started eating what he was suppose to over the weekend and also decided to pull his feeding tube out again. (This was the 5th time he did this.) His nurse called to tell me that he not only ripped it out this time, but he also ripped all the tape off. She wanted to warn me before I saw the big red mark on his face. Anyway, they kept the tube out this time and let him eat how much and how often he wanted to see how he would do. As of yesterday, he is up to 5 lbs 10 oz and 19 1/4 inches long. He grew 1 1/2 inches since birth and gained 2 ounces. They were happy enough with that progress to send him home.


My mom, Sydney, and I went to get him. My mom gave Sydney her own baby to take care of so she doesn't feel left out. Here she is opening her present.


Our first picture together at home! No tubes and no wires!


He's just a little curled up ball. He is so tiny. None of his clothes or hats fit, not even the newborn sizes.


Also, Sydney has a cold right now so we are keeping her away from Sebastian. His neonatologist told us that he only has 47% of the antibodies that a full term baby has so it's very important to keep him away from people for the first few months and until the flu and RSV season is over. They did stock us up with masks and gowns if we have to use them. So unfortunately, no stroller walks thru the mall or visitors over here for a while yet. We definitely don't want him getting sick and have to be readmitted.


My mom stayed for a while to get us settled in and then her and Sydney went to get manis and pedis. Here's what Sydney picked out.


Adam and I had a few hours alone with Sebastian when he got home from work.


Sad face :(


All ready for bed!


Daddy & Sebastian


So happy to be finally holding him in his room.


I can't believe how alert he is for his age. We talk to each other all the time. :) It's crazy to think that I have him here with me at home now, healthy and perfect, and he shouldn't even be born for another month yet.


Trying out my new sling with Sydney's doll. I didn't want to practice on Sebastian right away. I actually think her doll is bigger than he is.


Our first night went pretty well. Sebastian and I slept in the guest room and he only woke up once to eat. He is such a good baby and only cries when he is hungry or if I try to set him down. :) I'm really going to try to not hold him all day long like I did with Sydney. Maybe I'll start in a few days. I did attempt the crib several times yesterday too, but he didn't like it. I will keep trying that too though. We shall see how it goes!



3 comments:

  1. What great news Hollie!! Sebastian is perfect! Maybe he and Wyatt can meet sometime this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Hollie .... and don't stress about his crib or holding him all the time ... they grow up SO fast ... and he needs you to hold him. If the sling doesn't work for you... there are multiple baby carriers out there ... I have several as I hold my babies all the time for at least the first 4-5 months .... and we sleep with them at least a year:) We don't even have a baby room for this baby:)

    ReplyDelete